Thursday 27 November 2014

My Every Day Make- Up Routine

Hello Lovelies.
My every- day make-up routine changes during the colder months as I like to go for a base with a little more coverage and a more defined contour. I like to change up my products now and then and I have really been loving this basic look lately, so I just had to share it with you!


                                                                 Base Make-Up-
Moisturizer- Nivea Original:  I initially apply a moisturizer before foundation as I have not yet found a primer that does the same trick! I love this Nivea Original moisturizer as it is super smooth and hydrating for my skin.
Foundation- LOreal Infallable Foundation: I have literally used this foundation every day since I bought it. This foundation has a natural matte finish and lasts all day without clinging to problem areas on my skin, which of course, I adore! (Shade 140 Beige Dore- Applied with Real Techniques Stippling Brush)
Concealer- LOreal True Match Concealer: I apply this concealer in an 'upside down triangle' shape underneath my eyes to brighten up my face. This technique makes the skin look glowing and really opens up my eyes. (Shade Vanilla- Applied with Real Techniques Pointed Foundation Brush)
Powder- MAC Mineralize Skinfinish Natural: I apply this product all over my face to set my foundation in place. This is a very light powder and a little goes a long way. I love the final finish this gives to my base make-up without making me look 'cakey'. (Shade Medium Tan- Applied with Real Techniques Powder Brush)


                                                       Contour, Blush & Highlight-
Contour- LOreal Glam Bronze: I adore this bronzer for contouring as it is so soft and has no shimmer at all. Only a small amount is needed to create a defined look and the matte finish looks amazing alongside the Infallable Foundation. I apply this under my cheek bones, around my jaw line and around my forehead. (Shade 06 Bronze Golden Bronze- Applied with Real Techniques Contour Brush)
Blush- Sleek Individual Blush: I love Sleek blushers as they are so pigmented and they last a lifetime. I gently apply a small amount of my 'go- to' shade on to the apples of my cheeks to add a little flush of colour to my complexion. (Shade 933 Coral- Applied with Lydia Blush Blush)
Highlight- MAC Vanilla Pigment: For a little added dewiness to my look, I add a small amount of Vanilla Pigment on the tops of my cheek bones, under my brow bone, down my T-zone and my cupids bow. (Applied with Real Techniques Deluxe Crease Brush)


                                                        Eye Make- Up & Eyebrows-
Eyebrows- MUA Pro Brow Kit: Before putting any product on to my eyebrows, I brush them into shape with a spoolie. I then go in with the darkest brown colour in my palette, following the natural shape of my eyebrows. As I usually have my eyebrows tinted, I make sure not to over- apply this product as this will give my eyebrows an unnatural look. I then take some of the gel in this palette onto my finger and gently run this through my eyebrows to set them in place. (Shade Dark- Applied with Real Techniques Brow Brush)
Eyeshadow- MUA Ever After Matte Palette: As a wash of colour on my lids, i use the shade 'Fade' which is a very nude toned brown. This goes all over my lid creating a base. I then go in with the shade 'Penny' which is a medium brown and I apply this in the crease to give my eyes some depth. I also apply this colour underneath my eyes. I then blend the crease shadow with the base for a less harsh look. (Base Shadow Applied with Lydia Small Flat Brush, Crease Shadow Applied with Real Techniques Base Shadow Brush, Under Eye Shade Applied with Real Techniques Detailer Brush)
Mascara- Maybelline The Falsies Volume Express Mascara: This is my all time favourite mascara and I apply this after curling my lashes for a more lengthening application. This mascara makes my lashes look longer and thicker and is really easy to apply.


                                                                  Lip Products-
Lip Balm- Vaseline: You can't go wrong with a bit of original Vaseline to hydrate those lips before putting on any coloured products. I apply this just after my base make- up giving it time to soak in before the lipstick is applied.
Lipstick- Rimmel Moisture Renew Lipstick: I tend to lean towards more Pink and Nude shades for my every day make-up look. I apply this lipstick all over my lips evenly, and then pop it in my bag for any top ups needed later in the day. MAC lipsticks are expensive but I love the quality of them and they're super long lasting. (Shade 700 Nude Delight)

What are your make-up staples?
Leave any comments below, they mean a lot to me!

All my love
K

No comments:

Post a Comment