Tuesday 11 November 2014

Truthful Tuesday ¦ Honesty.

Hello lovelies.
Like me, I bet a lot of you sometimes experience things that annoy or upset you and you bottle up your feelings, or you feel pressured into following the crowd when deep down you don't really want to. It has taken me a long time to learn, but recently I have understood that honesty really is the best policy. 


Being honest, although scary, is the best way to let go of your fears and defense mechanisms and free your mind from anything that might be bugging you. For example, in September a lot of my friends from sixth form went on to university which for them, was great. However, I had decided long ago that I didn't really want to go, but I went on to pretend that I was looking forward to it, just because I didn't want to look like I was being boring in front of my friends. Eventually, I finally found the courage to tell my mum who already had a rough idea of how I was feeling, and she helped me to get  involved in the hair and beauty sector which is something I really enjoy. I love my job and getting up in the mornings is never a chore.. but if I hadn't have been honest with myself, and those around me, would I be going to university every morning and hating every second of it? Probably. 


I have realised that you don't have to be dishonest and go along with the crowd to fit in. If people don't like you for you, then that is their problem to deal with. Being true to yourself is the first step. I'm somebody who doesn't like confrontation at all, but telling someone what they've done to upset or anger you in a constructive way can be beneficial to both parties. So what you might have a little argument and experience the silent treatment for a few days.. but you have got that heavy load off of your chest and the other person is more than likely to apologize anyway. Being constructive is the key as being confrontational is just as bad as bottling up your feelings. Both will end badly. 


Bottling up the way you feel at the point when you feel it is dangerous. This is because, if this situation or person annoys you again, you will automatically act on the emotion rather than thinking about the situation and the matter will escalate. Instead just be honest, tell someone if you think they're being a little out of order.. we've all been there. Being honest will lift any weight from your shoulders, set you free and make life much more simple for you and those around you. Let people know where they stand in your life and most importantly, follow your heart as only you know what is best for you.
~
Do you think honesty is the best policy?

Leave any comments below, they really are appreciated.
All my love
K

2 comments:

  1. Great post x please do more like this ♥

    http://thriftyvintagefashion.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete